Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Moving, Morfar, and Much More

HEY!!! Do I have your attention?? That scream always gets Mom and Dad's attention so I thought it might work for you all as well. Mom is busy, not exactly sure doing what, so I thought I would update the blog, otherwise it might not ever get done. Parents, huh? It has been quite a weekend in my life, and of course, Mom made sure to take pictures of everything. I started trying to do things to stop her from taking so many pictures....

... But of course that didn't work. She just took pictures of that. Anyway, I digress. Like I was saying, this has been a big weekend in the life of me. I met Morfar for the first time. Now, I know what you're thinking - No, it's not the name of a Disney character. My Mom's Dad is 100% Swedish and in Sweden, Morfar (I've been told you say it like Moo-fah) means mother's father. If he had been my Dad's father, I would have called him Farfar. I wasn't so sure what to think of Morfar at first and I think he could tell I was a bit skeptical.


He seemed to mimic a lot of the things I did, which I've noticed most adults do. Don't they know I don't like this??


However, in the end, we became good friends and I think he's alright.


I also met his dog Wrigley. Apparently, there is this baseball team in this city called Chicago that my Mom's family likes a whole lot. So much so, that my Morfar named his dog after their home. Personally, I think it's a bit crazy, but Mom assures me I too will like them one day. Now, Wrigley, I was not a big fan of. He was just a little too excited to see a human close to his size.


I made him keep his distance and I think that made him a little sad. One day I'm sure I'll like Wrigley - when I am not eye level with him.


This weekend we also helped Aunt Rachel move into her own apartment. Mom tells me it better be a long time before I think about moving out. Like I said, we helped Aunt Rachel move, but who are we kidding - I helped Aunt Rachel move and the rest of the adults didn't really do anything. Actually, I was still pretty tired the morning they started, so I rested for a bit longer while the adults brought everything in to the new apartment.


However, once all the boxes were in, that's when they really needed me and I made sure I took charge! It's a good thing they had me telling them what to do or I think they'd still be trying to figure out how to move in to that place. Please excuse my appearance - telling people what to do is hard work!




I did finally take some time to stop yelling orders and actually help a bit - a short time.


We finally were able to finish all the unpacking and get Aunt Rachel settled. Even though she and Mommy say it's time for her to live on her own and have her own place, I sure am going to miss seeing her every day.

Along with meeting Morfar AND the unpacking, we got to celebrate my friend Samantha's 2nd birthday! It was a lot of fun. It's nice to already have friends. It will be even better when I can actually play with them. As always, I started off the evening resting, but there was no way I could stay asleep with all the fun going on! Mom says she can't wait to celebrate and plan birthday parties for me and now I can understand why.



Also going on in the world of me - remember how Mom said I sleep a lot? Don't worry, I can still rock a good nap (as you can see below), but I am awake a looot more. I am a pro at holding my head up now. At my 1 month doctor appointment she said I had "excellent head control". She was also very impressed with the fact that when she put me on my tummy to test out my head control, I rolled over. I think it shocked her! It shocked me too, but don't worry, I didn't let her know (at least not too much). I am growing like crazy as well. At my appointment I weighed in at 11 pounds 5 ounces. I also do a pretty good job of sitting up, as long as I have something to rest against. I'm sure you all are wondering just how cool I look doing all this - don't worry, as always, Mom took pictures.






That's pretty much all that is going on in my world for now. Hopefully next time Mom will write the blog entry and stop forcing me to work. Doesn't she know anything about child labor laws?? So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment