Monday, August 1, 2011

Naps & Bath Time

Not much has been going on in our little corner of the world. We do a lot of this during the day...

And this...


We try to have some Tummy Time, but it usually just ends up looking like this...

Occasionally, we'll wake up and do a little of this...

Or this...

But it usually just ends up looking like this again...


In between naps, we're still lucky to have a pretty easy-going baby. Despite all the napping, he is beginning to be awake a lot more, as well as much more alert.

We attempted to go to Tarpon Springs this past weekend to enjoy some Greek food, but seeing as how temps were in the upper 90's with a heat index of 105-110, we decided against it. Once again, another thing we will save until the weather cools down. So instead, we happily were forced to celebrate National Cheesecake Day by having lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and eating some Wild Blueberry White Chocolate Truffle cheesecake at 1/2 off. Unfortunately, Parker didn't enjoy the experience as much as we did. He spent most of the meal like this ...

It just means we'll have to go back when he's awak,e because I know it's something a 4 week old would definitely enjoy.

We did however have our first real bath time. Now, let me pause and specify that I have been giving my child baths. I have not just been letting him go stinky and smelly since his entrance into this world. However, this was one of the first times we were able to have a real bathtub bath, not just a rag and water wipe down. It went well. One thing we learned after our second bath was to make sure he is fully awake. Parker does not like being woken up out of a dead sleep to be given a bath and he let us know that the rest of the evening (Sorry Pestano family that you had to suffer through his fussiness). Maybe Parker should learn not to spit up all over himself during a nap and then we won't have to wash the rotten milk smell away.

Anyway, like I said, the first bath went well, but I think I'll let Parker give you his take on the bathtime...

Helloooooooo Everyone! Parker Here.

Mom informed me that she would like me to share the first bathtime experience (like she has anything better to do). Basically, Mom said it was time for a bath. She thinks just because she has a boy, it doesn't mean she has to have a smelly, dirty boy (we'll see about that). Really, it started off fine. I was a little hesitant at first, but now, I don't see what all the fuss is about this whole bath thing.


Dad did most of the work because Mom insisted on taking pictures the whole time. You would think she would let me have some privacy, but she just keeps telling me I better get used to this contraption she calls a camera.


Anyway, like I said, it's really not all that bad. I get to lay down in warm water, get all soaped up, and smell nice and clean afterwards.





Alright already, enough with the bath pictures. Remember how I said I don't know what all the fuss is about this bath stuff? Well, I quickly realized, it's the getting out part. I. HATE. GETTING. OUT. Suddenly, I am not so cozy and warm anymore, but instead I'm cold and wet, which is NOT fun and I made sure they knew it!

However, I quickly realized this thing they call a towel can make me warm and cozy again and I settled down.


Unfortunately, because Mom has yet to do a load of towels in the washing machine (something about having to take care of me or wanting to sleep when I sleep... I think it's all nonsense and she's just slacking on her parental responsibilities), I was forced to be dried off with a towel that was waaay too big for me. Serously, I could get lost in this thing! I think I did!


I guess it really wasn't that big of a deal - it did the job. I was dry. I was clean. I was cozy.


So there ya have it, my first bath experience and I can say it was something I would definitely like to do again. Maybe Mom will have her clean boy afterall.

That's really all there is to say about that. I guess I better find Mom and make her feed me or at least let me go to sleep. So until next time, Peace




No comments:

Post a Comment