Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teething and the Wonderful Two's (months that is)

Saturday we hit the 2 month mark with little Parker. I know we will probably say this every time we hit a milestone (and we do), but it's so hard to believe it's already been that long since we welcomed him into our family. There have been a lot of changes with the little man and thankfully, with my new job, I am able to see all of them. I keep telling Parker he is stuck with me, day in and day out. He is unimpressed thrilled!


"This is not the most flattering angle. It definitely shows off my milk gut, but what can I say? I'm a good eater. I'm happy."

The time between his 1 month and 2 month birthday started out a bit rocky. The sweet, content baby we brought home began to change into a baby with an ear-piercing scream after developing acid reflux. We spent many hours of many days like this...




While I am not one that jumps on medicating a child, especially a baby, thanks to medicine, we now spend many of our hours like this...



We are so happy to know that the medicine is working and we now have our happy, healthy baby back. It was a very trying and tiring month (I'm sure the first of many). With constant screams of pain and the lack of sleep (on his part and ours) that went with it, we were desperate to make him feel better.

To add to the acid reflux, Parker has also started the teething process. He is a constant spout of drool! The constant wet ring around the neck of his clothes has brought me to the use of bibs. He is not a fussy baby while teething (yet), but has a constant stream of water falling from his lips or covering his hands. The doctor said most babies do not actually break their teeth until around 7-9 months and for our sakes, she "hopes he doesn't teeth for the next 5-7 months." We hope the same thing.


"I LOVE making bubbles with mr drool. I think it's pretty cool. I could do this all day!"
"Mom told me to be a good boy and show off my bib. She said to make sure I hold it where everyone can see it, because it's so cute. Give me a break."
"Mom says that everyone tells me I look like my Dad, but I definitely look like her baby pictures here. Can't I just look like Parker??"

Parker is also talking cooing and smiling A LOT. We have officially turned into the crazy people who talk to a 2 month old and swear he understands us. I guess it happens to the best of us.

It is so amazing to look back, even in the short 2 months he has been on this planet, and see how awesome and wonderful God truly is. How He forms every part of us and makes us just the way we are supposed to be. How He forms a family with just the perfect members that fit together so easily. How He has provided for us in ways so much greater than we could have ever imagined. It's also amazing to look ahead and wonder what plans He continues to have in store for us and knowing that whatever or wherever they may be, He is with us and He has created, from us as individuals, a loving family to share in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment