Sunday, February 26, 2012

First Swim

So, this is how I looked before my little body hit the water. Look at how happy I look. Look at how excited. This is how I looked after...

Quite the difference, huh? I did not like it. At. ALL. I thought it would be fun, like bath time, but I was WRONG! Maybe it was the fact that I was shocked introduced to this whole swimming experience by being held under a massive waterfall (okay, maybe now I'm being a bit dramatic).
 I did eventually warm up to the idea of swimming. I'm not going to say I liked it. I wouldn't go that far, YET. I'm just going to say I warmed up to the idea. It just doesn't seem natural to me. I mean, seriously, people, I'm a human, not an amphibian. Am I really supposed to be in the water this much????
I did find out that there are some fun parts of swimming. Not so much the swimming part, but the waterslide part.
The actual swimming part of swimming - yeah, not quite sure what to think of that yet. Seemed just a bit awkward. Again, I have arms, not fins. How exactly is this supposed to work? I did figure out if I sort of kicked my feet, I got somewhere. I'm sure it was because my Dad was moving me around. I like to think it was all me.
One lesson I did learn from swimming: it's EXHAUSTING!


Mom and Dad swear I will like it one day. I keep telling them that we'll just have to see about that. They then threatened me that they would take me to the pool every weekend if they have to. I will NOT be afraid of water. Again, we'll just have to see won't we. If I wasn't crazy about it, at least I looked pretty cute trying!

For now, I'll just stick to playing in the grass and not the water. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment