Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My (Mommy's) Old Kentucky Home

Howdy Ya'll! Parker Here!
I know Mommy has been playing catch up with the blog, and last time we left you, she was telling  you all about the exciting things we did in October. What she didn't tell you was that at the end of the month, we made the long 12 hour car ride back to my Mommy's home in Western Kentucky. We left at 8 p.m. Florida time so that I would sleep the whole way. For some reason, Mommy and Daddy thought I would do better if we drove all night so I could sleep and they were right. I slept the entire trip. I can't quite figure out why they were so happy about that.
So we loaded up the car and set out on our journey with 3 adults, 3 dogs, and me!  I thought it was a blast - the adults, not so much. Again, I can't figure out why.
It was a very short trip, but I met so many people! I got to meet so many members of my Mommy's, and now my, family.
Mommy's first cousin Denise
Mommy's Aunt Jo. This was my Mormor's sister. We didn't plan to match. Really, I think she wanted to dress like me because she knows what a stylish person I am.
My Mommy's Ma (and mine). She was my Mormor's Mom.
My Aunt Sharon - another one of Mormor's sisters. If you can't tell by my face, I think she's pretty cool.
My Mormor's first cousin Rena. She was not just a cousin, but also a good friend of Mormor's. She was so excited to see me, she woke me up from my nap  it made me wake up from my nap. Luckily, she let me fall back asleep.
My Mommy's first cousin Joel. I think I made him want a little Parker of his own. I tend to have that affect on people.
My Mommy's Aunt Terry. She's married to my Uncle Clay.
My Mommy's Uncle Clay. He was Mormor's brother. I really did like him. I promise I'm not afraid of him, despite the look on my face.
My Mommy's Farmor. This is my Morfar's Mom.
Of course, Wrigley had to get in on the picture. He's sort of obssessed with Farmor and me. Seriously. No Joke.

Along with meeting so many family members, we (well, not really me) got to eat at an amazing restaurant that is quite well known in my Mommy's home called Patti's. I wish I could say I enjoyed it, but I pretty much slept through the whole experience. I still can't quite figure out why Mommy gets so excited when I sleep while they're at a restaurant. Something about getting to use both hands to eat hot food. I think she's crazy. Of course, I was able to wake up in just enough time for a picture opportunity at the restaurant. Lucky me. 
While in Kentucky, I also got to experience fall colors on the tree. This was quite new to me, just like everything else in my life right now. Regardless, it was extremely pretty to look at. We definitely don't get colors like that in Florida. Mommy said the only problem is that after all the pretty colors happen, the leaves fall off the tress and it gets cooooolld. I don't know much about this cold thing, but it sure does sound miserable. I think I'll just stay a Florida baby.

While taking pictures, I got watch some ducks swim around the pond. They seemed pretty cool. We tried to feed them, but they didn't quite like the food we were trying to give them. Probably better anyway. I know how cranky I get when I'm hungry and I'm sure they're the same. I probably didn't want to get very close to them anyway. 
While in Kentucky, we got to visit with Mommy's friend Martin and his wife Cheryl. They're about to have a little baby of their own. I secretly hope it's a boy so we can be best friends one day. We also got to visit with the Lovett Family. Mommy tells me they are very special to her and Aunt Rachel and will be to me as well. We also were able to spend the evening with one of Mommy's good friends Ashley and her family, including her daughter Madison. Unfortunately, I didn't really get to "meet" Madison, because I slept most of the time we were there. Mommy says one day I will enjoy meeting girls, but it better not be for a very long time. Regardless, she didn't get pictures of any of that. I tell ya, sometimes I really think she slacks on her parental responsibilities of taking pictures!
Well, that's all for now. I'm sure I'll be around again soon. Mommy always seems to be super busy lately, which means the blog responsibility will probably fall on me. Mommy seems to think taking care of me, the house, and working is more important than a blog. Silly Mommy.

Good thing she has me to help! See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment