Wednesday, November 16, 2011

So Many Things, So Little Time

I feel like it has been forever since I have been able to really sit down and blog about what is going on. Things are still very busy on the job front, but I (thankfully) feel like I am beginning to settle in and get a (slight) grip on things. I am still desperately trying to learn balance and scheduling. I think that is one of the biggest struggles that comes with working from home - learning when to stop. Learning when to take a step back, shut down the computer, and enjoy the beautiful family I have been blessed with. It's not easy. The job is always there. The same was true when I worked in a traditional classroom, but at least with that job, if need be, I could leave the papers, phone calls, etc in my classroom, lock the door, and leave. That isn't the case now. I still feel blessed beyond measure to have this opportunity and am still happier than I have ever been, especially now that Parker is changing on what seems like a daily basis, but I am still trying to learn the balance between everything that has to be done for both my job and my family. It is a daily struggle and daily learning experiences. Prayers are appreciated. :)

October was an extremely busy month for us. I don't think there was a free weekend the entire month, which of course, made the time fly by. With the exit of the Castleberry Family brought the entrance of Morfar (my dad). We spent some time enjoying Epcot and the Food and Wine Festival, which was in full swing.
Can you believe my mother? She will do anything for a picture, won't she? It doesn't matter that this hat is ridiculous or that there are tons of people standing around watching. I figured if I didn't smile, she would just quickly take the picture and move on.
Getting ready to ride the Mexico ride at Epcot - this was my 2nd ride ever at Epcot. I have to admit, I was pretty amazed by all the colors and this crazy duck they kept calling Donald, who I kept seeing the entire ride.
Yet another hat. Let's just take this quickly and move on please.
October also brought on some colder weather, which meant we had to make sure Parker was nice and bundled up on our morning walks.
I like this hat so much better!
October also means that Fall decorations are in full swing around Walt Disney World. While there is no doubt that Christmas is my favorite time in all of WDW, Fall has to be a close second.
We spent an afternoon having lunch with Aunt Rachel at Old Key West. I have to admit, my Aunt Rachel is pretty funny. Please ignore the fact that my pants are up to my armpits. I don't know what my mom was thinking that day.
October also marked Parker's first ever hockey game. He was, of course, proud to support the Buffalo Sabres while they fought (and unfortunately lost to) the Tampa Bay Lightning. We were a bit concerned about the volume level inside the area, but Parker did wonderfully. Of course, I worried all night long if he was going to be deaf when we left the arena. He was completely amazed by all the lights, screens, and sounds. I'm sure this was the first of many games he will attend during his life.

He spent most of the game like this:
And eventually became so sick of watching them lose and refuse to play like a team, that he spent the rest of the game like this:
Before the Sabres game, we decided to make a quick stop in Hudson to eat at one of our favorite restaurants that is located on the Gulf. It was an absolutely beautiful day - not a single cloud in an amazing blue sky.
Every day we are amazed at the things Parker is learning and even more amazed how lucky we are to be experiencing so many new things with him. We know he won't remember any of this, but we are enjoying taking him along and making him a part of our lives - sharing all the wonderful experiences that we love so much. He may not remember them now, but he will is growing up quicker than we know it and one day he will love them just like we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment